Monday 23 November 2009

Recognising Chester Bennington

I'm back home now after an amazing weekend of driving down then up the country playing gigs to people who were actually listening and enjoying the night, and then getting some cash for my efforts. In other words, a perfect weekend for an unsigned troubadour much like myself.

Major thanks to Alt Track in Bradford who stepped in at the last moment to get me on the bill for their show at Bar Zuu in Bradford. It was a really great night, with amazing bands playing. Captain Hotknives was playing, and after listening to his music for around 2 years, it was amazing to actually see him live. I still wouldn't let him marry our Denise though, what would the kids be like?

The third band of the night was a side-project, but it was utterly fantastic. They were called Foxes Faux, and contained a bazookie, 12 string guitar, an astonishing violinist, djembe, bassist and mandolin player. The songs were impressively written and the musicianship second to none. Finally, Alt-Track played to close the night with their punk rock electronica style of music. Really well done with great lyrics, including a show stopping accapella rap to end it.

The night ended with a wee drive from Bradford to Huddersfield where my good friend James 'Bar' Bowen gave me a bed for the night, and an awesome breakfast to get me going the next day for my drive to Cardiff.

I arrived at Cardiff around 6pm and found the flat I was playing at in the evening. It was a friend of mine named Chris's 21st Birthday, and he had invited me to play as part of a house gig alongside Ben Marwood. The night was horrendously fun, and perhaps one of the best house parties I've played. Daddy fought the law finally felt fun again.

Finally it was an 11 hour drive back to Dundee, but oh so fucking worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment