Saturday 10 April 2010

Full throttle ahead

Thanks to everyone who came along to the gig last night, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Ricky Warwick was fantastic, and he played a Springsteen cover! It was quite a different gig than to what I am used to. There was an extra layer of bureaucracy in the form of filling out PRS forms, a nice backstage area with a fridge of beer and a shower! It was a nice sort of different, and I really hope to experience it again.

In other news, I can announce that myself and the band (the full 7 piece machine) are booked to play Full Throttle Festival in July. We'll be playing the main stage on Saturday 24th of July. We will have some tickets to sell for the weekend, and I heartily recommend it! I played it last year on the acoustic stage and it was a hell of a lot of fun!

The next gig I'm playing is the 24th of April, with a return to Bar Libertine in Ayr. It's another Scottish Cancer Support gig, and I'll be playing it solo with Jud. Jud is also finally doing another set of her own music too. The Hostiles and Marshal Chipped (Dave, mandolin player of the RFPB's other band) are also playing. It's going to be a great night.


No comments:

Post a Comment