Sunday 18 July 2010

Cut up to ribbons and taught how to drive

I'm still trying to work out how it went yesterday. I'm pretty sure I had a bit of fun, and that I enjoyed chatting with friends who came along. And the bus ride was alright too. I just think that I'm not cut up to being a busker, and the Barras market is perhaps not the place to learn this. Ah well, Oxjam raised a bit of money which is what it was all about.

Trying to form some kind of action plan for the next few months. I've had a couple emails through from some fantastic acts who are coming to Scotland to tour. The only date I have confirmed at the moment is the 19th of October with Evan Greer. Yup, he who wrote I Want Something. This has been a hell of a long time coming, so if you do anything while reading this blog, please put it in your diary. I haven't got a venue booked just yet, but hopefully by the end of the week. I'm not sure what form the gig will take, but I do know that it will be utterly amazing even if only Evan Greer plays.

As for the present, the band and I are playing with Gecko on Wednesday at the 13th Note. I think this will be a vastly reduced renegade folk punk band show, and even be another one of the 'me-on-electric-guitar' themed ones.

From looking at the diary, it's the last Glasgow show till the Evan Greer one (if we even play that one), so if you want to hear our songs, come along and give it a good send-off. We'll be main support and on around 10pm and it's £4 on the door. Then it's Full Throttle Festival on Saturday, we're on the main stage at 5.30pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment