Sunday 25 September 2011

Lackadaisical Walrus

It seems like I'm posting on here in fewer and far between measures. Somewhere in between a crisis of confidence, lack of interest from the inside and outside, and general interruptions from the real-life-adult-world, something got lost along the way.

This month, September, has been the first month since sometime in 2008 that I've not played a single gig (or indeed written or recorded a song). I've got a few things ticking over that I can't announce just yet, but hopefully October will be the month for that.

So, October, what do you have for us that I can talk about? Well, it kicks off with a couple gigs with Canada's Rob Moir. He plays folk-indie pop stuff (a bit like Ciaran Lenehan's stuff, but Canadian). He used to play in a band called Dead Letter Dept who were pretty good.

  • 1st October - Thomsons Bar, Dundee, free entry 8pm
  • 2nd October - MacSorleys, Glasgow, free entry 8pm
Then I have a wee break until the 27th of October when it's finally time for The Wonder Stuff gig at Apollo 23 in Glasgow. Really excited and scared at this in equal measure. That's a good sign, right?

There is one bit of awesome news that I can announce for the tail end of the year, and that's that I am playing the absolutely amazing Book Yer Ane Fest 5 in Dundee in December. Other acts include Chris T-T, Franz Nicolay (The Hold Steady, Against Me!, World Inferno/Friendship Society), ONSIND, and many many more. Check out the facebook event for full details. Or, indeed, this poster for the full line-up.


And finally, I wrote a wee top five of Independent Scottish acts for The Ruckus since we spoke last. Check it out here.




No comments:

Post a Comment