Thursday 1 December 2011

The time has come to Galvanise (the troops)

This is going to be a bit lengthy, so pull up a chair.

I don't know about you, but I plan on having a fantastic weekend. On Friday I'm playing at the inaugural Last Year's Girl Friday Night Speakeasy alongside Chris T-T and Franz Nicolay. I could push you to buy tickets, but you know, with the very sparse amount that are left it would be cruel to turn people away at the doors. Although, it would mostly be their own fault for not buying in advance. Their call I guess.

Then on Sunday I am playing in Dundee at the Book Yer Ane Fest extravaganza. This is a yearly punk rock festival that the boys at Make-it-a-take records have been running to raise funds for the Safe-Tay Charity. It kicks off on Friday and runs through till late on Sunday night. Full details can be found here.

I'm really hoping that there are no clashes at Book Yer Ane Fest since all the stops have been pulled out to bring an amazing bill. I mean, seriously, ONSIND, Algernon Doll, Esperi and 15 Minutes (also Chris T-T and Franz Nicolay) are all playing on the Sunday. Saturday has Bangers, Leatherface, The Living Daylights and Beauty School Dropout. I've no idea why I am writing this in reverse order, but if you are in Dundee on the Friday, you'll find Joey Terrifying opening proceedings, with Mikey Erg and The Arteries also making an appearance. Well worth what ever it costs I'd say.

In other news, Despite the Blackout received perhaps the best review I've ever received over at the influential blog The 405. You can read it here.

And to drop the dead donkey, I'll be touring in February with Emma Hallows. Check out her current EP Anchors Up here and get excited as I am. Dates are coming in Fast, so I'll hopefully announce them all before the end of the year.

And finally, Woody is back from his international stint with Uriah Heap in a couple weeks. We'll have some Renegade Folk Punk Band news regarding this to announce on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment